Monday, April 4, 2011

Couch to 5K

Monday April 4, 2011

I hate exercise. I hate all of it. I hate stretching, and I hate warming up. I hate running. I hate cooling down. I hate feeling sweaty. I would rather do just about anything else.

That being said, Dan and I started the Couch to 5K program today (Check it out here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml). I grumbled my entire way through 30 minutes of exercise. Sixty seconds of jogging, ninety seconds of walking to start. But ya know what? I did it. My calves hurt. I am tired. But also…I feel…good. And proud of myself. I want to get in shape, for what could perhaps be the first time in my life. I want to feel good about myself and I want to be able to run after the boys when they get older and not get winded. So I’m trying. With the program I should be able to run a 5K in nine weeks. That’s June, and my goal is to run in the local Independence Day Run which is about 2 miles.

Go me. I'm even smiling like I'm enjoying myself. Or maybe I'm just enjoying my music (Glee). With any luck I will be enjoying myself by the end of this!!

I was inspired by another twin mom, whose blog I read. Check her out and send some good thoughts her way (http://www.goddessinprogressblog.com). Her little girl was born a week after my boys and she still isn’t home from the hospital. No mama should have to go through that, and my heart aches for her.

Later Days,

Meghan

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Haha I actually had to exchange them for the next size down - hopefully these fit better!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!