Sunday, April 10, 2011

Little bit of this...little bit of that...

Sunday April 10,2011

I'm apparently a pretty terrible daily blogger. But I don't want to post just because I should so I am going to be focusing on blogging quality not quantity.

Since starting the acidophilus I can't tell if the thrush seems to be getting better or not. The boys do seem a little happier to me, but my pain is still as bad as ever. We have a doctor appointment at the end of the month, I figure I will bring it up then if need be.

It seems to me the boys sleep their best on Friday and Saturday nights, and I have a thought as to why. From what I understand, babies pick up on stress very easily. Perhaps on weeknights Dan gets stressed about not being able to get sleep, and they feel that, so they are up wanting lots of attention. On Friday and Saturday night however, we just don't care since we could sleep in all day...I just wish I knew how we could translate that into weekdays!

Dan and I are starting a new 'diet'...trying to keep things as preservative free as possible. Basically if we don't know what an ingredient is, we aren't eating it. I'm feeling like little suzy homemaker over here (not a bad thing!) as I am cooking things from scratch. This morning I made homemade granola (so easy - so good!!) and homemade bruschetta. Last night I even made homemade meatballs for the first time! YUM! We had them over wilted spinach in Chiavettas with a little pasta sauce :





We are slowly trying to transition out of the Soothie pacifiers and into the Nuk brand, as I understand they are better for the boys mouths and teeth...so far it's going well. Max switched like a champ, and Dex doesn't mind so long as he's not all worked up. They actually seem happier with the ones that are made for 6+ months, because of the bigger size. Maybe sooner or later I can transition them out of pacifiers and on to just self soothing!



That's all for now - We are trying to take the boys out to a real restaurant tonight -look out in the coming days for how it went!

Later Days!
Meghan

1 comment:

  1. I know that Sariah is like a mood ring, picking up really accurately on our moods. We can't fake it either, pretending to smile and laugh if we are frustrated. She sees through the facade. It is one of the ways she disciplines us and helps us to grow.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!