Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Stats

Sunday April 3, 2011

I created this blog over a month ago to chronicle my time as a first time mom – of twins! So much has happened in that short month that I haven’t gotten a real chance to write an entry until now!!

A brief recap – my Max and Dexter were born on February 16 (at just 36weeks4days!!) and spent just the regular three days in the hospital with me. We all came home together and tried our best to settle into a routine in our new home. At about 8 days old Max and I both developed a cold – how frustrating! I thought nothing of it, until 5 days later Max really seemed to be getting worse rather than better. I called asked one of my best friends to come over to look at him (he is in medical school now – he is going to be a doctor in a year!!) and he agreed that we should really get him looked at. It was after hours on a Thursday night, and after speaking to his pediatrician’s office we dressed him up and headed to the ER with him.

I’m not going to write all the details of what happened there – perhaps I will someday – but it breaks my heart even thinking about it. Basically it turned out Max had RSV – he ended up in the PICU with a central line, breathing tube, feeding tube, gas tube and he was sedated and medically paralyzed. His brother was brought in to be checked the following day since RSV is so highly contagious, but luckily they caught it early in Dexter. He was also admitted to hospital for monitoring, and for a few days was just on a breathe by O2 tube, and eventually got a nasal cannula. After 8 days in the PICU Max was moved to the same room as Dexter and together they spent 5 more days in the hospital.

I really can’t even think about that time at the hospital without wanting to cry. The first night was one of the worst – and all the nurses and doctors were just so so so nice to us – I will never forget that. It felt like we were in an episode of ER, I kept waiting for Noah Wyle to come rushing over at any moment.


Anyway – this is why I haven’t blogged yet – but I am hoping to start blogging a little each day! I plan to have a Statistical Sunday (see below) and I hope to do Write-Up Wednesdays where I review a product I tried for the boys.

Later Days,

Meghan


6 Week Old Stats:

This week the boys started tracking movement with their heads

Max: 6#9 (4#13 at birth)
Dex: 6#14 (4#10 at birth)
Mama: 19# to goal weight (9# to prepregnancy)
Daddy: 38# to goal weight

2 comments:

Leave me some love!